with evening/night shoot
24th of June 2021.
Also this event was held under strict Covid rules and with a limited amount of spotters.
With our car we where able to drive into Florennes Air Base towards the flight line, parallel with the runway, unfortunately the weather was not collaborating.
This event was organised to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Belgian Air Force.
All 400 spotters received a nice goody bag with a patch, 2 books and a few other items.
Because of the weather this was not the best place and highlight of the day.
Instead the evening/nightshoot presented us a lot of aircraft which where nicely positioned at the shelter area southwest of the base.
I was even able to visit for the first time the cockpit of our almost retired C-130.
Please find below some pictures taken at this event.
VISITORS / FLY BY's :
* T-057 : Airbus A330MRTT - MMF
* M-2 : Sud Aviation SA316B Alouette 3 - 40 Squadron - BAF
* CH-12 : Lockheed C-130H - 20 Squadron - BAF
* FA-135 (2W) * FA-104 (10W) * FA-116(10W) * FA-91 (2W) - General Dynamics F-16AM Fighting Falcon - BAF
* RN-06 : NH Industries NH90-TTH Caiman - 1W - BAF
* LB-02 : Piper L-21B Super Cub - Royal Belgian Air Cadets
* CT-01 : Airbus A400M Atlas - Luxembourg/20 Squadron
* PL-43 : Glider DG505 - Royal Belgian Air Cadets
* FA-101 : General Dynamics F-16AM Fighting Falcon - display pilot Stephan 'VADOR' Darte
* H-46 : Agusta A109BAi - display Team Livery RAZZLE BLADE' - display pilots Senior Captain Jo Jacobs & co-pilot Senior Captain Stijn Soenens.
* ST02/ST22/ST35/ST16/ST18 - SIAI-MARCHETTI SF.260MD - RED DEVILS
* Supermarine Spitfire Mk.XVI - OO-XVI (1945) (SL721) (GE-S) - Private Owner
EVENING / NIGHT SHOOT
* FA-101 : General Dynamics F-16AM Fighting Falcon
* H-46 : Agusta A109BAi
* ST02/ST22/ST35/ST16/ST18 - SIAI-MARCHETTI SF.260MD & ST42
* Supermarine Spitfire Mk.XVI - OO-XVI
* RN-06 : NH Industries NH90-TTH Caiman
* OL-L56 : Piper L-18C Super Cub
* FA-86 : 'AMBIORIX 80 YEARS" livery - General Dynamics F-16AM Fighting Falcon
* FA-84 : General Dynamics F-16AM Fighting Falcon
* FA-87 : '75 YEARS BAF' Livery - General Dynamics F-16AM Fighting Falcon
CH-12 : LOCKHEED C-130H HERCULES / DETAILS