EAA AIRVENTURE - OTHERS
- AirVenture 2019. One of this year main themes was also aerial firefighting.
Below you will find a few aircraft used for this purpose. End 2019/ beginning 2020 this would become a major problem in Australia where huge bushfires/wildfires needed to be restrained.
Personally I would like to have seen more aircraft used for firefighting during AirVenture 2019. (maybe a DC-10 Tanker / Lockheed P2V / Evergreen 747 Supertanker / S-64 Helitanker etc....?)
Unfortunately this was not the case.
Below pictures includes :
* C-GBPD : 1985 CANADAIR CL215
* N474H : 2006 AIR TRACTOR INC AT-802 (for myself one of the highlights during the show)
note : a special USAF C-130 is mentioned in the military part of Oshkosh 2019.
- More aircraft are added below, it would be too much to show all aircraft that I have seen.
Therefore a small selection.
- A very strange combination is definitely a YAK 110 with registration N110JY, flown by Jeff Bourboon and manufactured by Dell Coller.
Two YAK-55 fuselages are attached with each other and a jet engine is attached in the middle in addition to the two radial engines. The weirdest aircraft I have ever seen.
- But there was also a second crazy airplane with a very nice display.
2013 Pietch Kent D JET WACO "SCREAMING" SASQUATCH TAPERWING with registration N32KP. This aircraft was flown by Lt Com JOHN KLATT (retired).
This classic Taperwing WACO started his life in 1929 but was redesigned using modern day engineering and materials. This aircraft is powered by dual power plants. A Pratt & Whitney 985 radial engine and a General Electric CJ610 (J85) jet engine with 3,000 lbs. of thrust. Combined thrust 4,500 lbs.
- AirVenture 2019 also celebrated "50th Anniversary" of Boeing 747 "JUMBO JET"
It was promised that several fly-bys and displays would occur but only N616UP (BOEING 747-8F UPS AIRLINES) was displayed at Boeing plaza during the days we visited this event. No Fly-bys.
The Boeing 747 made its maiden flight on February 9, 1969. Since 1969 about 1,500 jumbo jets are built. But more than two-thirds of these have been scrapped, written off or placed in storage. Luckily the "Queen of the Skies" is currently often used as a cargo plane.
- C-GBPD : 1985 CANADAIR-CL215 1A10.
- N474H : 2006 AIR TRACTOR INC AT-802.
- N110JY : 2007 YAK-110 LLC YAK 110 (2x YAK-55 with REGS N41126 & N9555F).
- N32KP : 2013 Pietch Kent D JET WACO "SCREAMING" SASQUATCH TAPERWING.
- N616UP : BOEING 747-8F "UPS AIRLINES".
More aircraft see below
- N42RF : LOCKHEED WP-3D "ORION" used by Office of Marine and Aviation Operations (NOAA OMAO) - The NOAA Hurricane Hunters are used for hurricane reconnaissance.
- N179Z : 1985 SHORT BROS SD3-30 200 (C-23A SHERPA) used by USDA FOREST SERVICE.
- N701 : 1990 PARTENAVIA SPA P.68 "OBSERVER 2" used by UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF INTERIOR.
- N816H : 2016 TEXTRON AVIATION INC B300C used by DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY.
- NC9645 : 1928 LIBERTY AVIATION MUSEUM FORD 5-AT-B TRIMOTOR, Transcontinental Air Transport (TAT livery). Lease agreement with EAA to showcase this historic aircraft around the country.
- NC15165 : 1936 "Last surviving" STINSON MODEL A TRI-MOTOR operated by ALASKA AVIATION HERITAGE MUSEUM.
- NC8407 : 1929 FORD 4-AT-E TRI-MOTOR owned by EAA AVIATION FOUNDATION in OSHKOSH.
- N211PZ : 1977 MIL MI-2 "HOPLITE" owned by STATE OF IOWA.
- N110PL : 1974 PZL-SWIDNIK MI-2 "HOPLITE" - Private Owner.
- N975BH : BELL 47G-2 owned by ANDERSON CHRISTOPHER. (More than 5,600 Bell 47s are produced, including licensed buit by Agusta (Italy), Kawasaki Heavy Industries (Japan) and Westland Aircraft (UK).
UNUSUAL AIRCRAFT :
- N31WW : 1981 RUTAN VariVIGGEN - Private Owner.
- N141SJ : 2014 SONEX JSX-2 owned by SONEX AIRCRAFT LLC.
- N403R : 2009 RODRIAN JAMES A DEFIANT - Private Owner.
- N494K : 1989 QAC QUICKIE - Private Owner.
- N1950C : 1954 CESSNA 195B - Private Owner.
- N9950C : 2014 CORBEN BABY ACE C - Private Owner.
- NS14137 : 1934 WACO YKC - Private Owner.
- C-FVAK : 1975 REIMS FT337GP - owned by VENTURE AVIATION SERVICES Ltd.
- N15TC : 1976 MITSUBISHI MU-2B-36 owned by DUGGAR AVIATION LLC.
- N30U : 1955 AERO COMMANDER 560-A owned by AMERICAN AIRPOWER HERITAGE FLYING MUSEUM INC.
- N35LL : 1976 SMITH AEROSTAR 601P owned by PHYSICIANS SYSTEMS INC.
- N56HP : 2019 CIRRUS DESIGN CORP SF-50 VISION - Private Owner.
- N94DN : 1966 DE HAVILLAND DHC 2 MK III - owned by DOUGLAS AVIATION Ltd.
- N100FZ : 2010 EMBRAER-EMPRESA BRASILEIRA DE EMB-500 owned by HOLT AVIATION LLC.
- N1733G : 1962 BEECH P35 owned by ALPINE AVIATION INC.