PRACTICE 'BLUE ANGELS' EL CENTRO 2015
The Blue Angels is the United States Navy's flight demonstration squadron, with aviators from the Navy and Marines. The Blue Angels team was formed in 1946, making it the second oldest formal flying aerobatic team (under the same name) in the world, after the French Patrouille de France formed in 1931. The 'Blue Angels' six demonstration pilots fly the McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet.
10x McDonnell Douglas F/A-18C Hornets (single seat) / 2xMcDonnell Douglas F/A-18D Hornets (two seat) / 1x C-130T 'Hercules' also known as 'FAT ALBERT'
4 Aircraft are spares.
Number 6 unfortunately crashed 2th of June 2016 at Smyrna Airport, Tennessee.
This webpage is dedicated to Blue Angels pilot Captain 'Jeff Kuss' who died in this accident.
Also remembrance to all others Blue Angels pilots killed during an airshow or training accidents.
(27 Blue Angels pilots are killed of 262 pilots in the squadron's history)
It was always my dream to see them flying. This performance was magnificent to watch.
History Flight demonstration aircraft :
* F6F Hellcat : 1945
* F8F Bearcat : 1946 -1949
* F9F-2 Panther : 1949 - 1950
* F9F-5 Panther : 1951 - 1955
* F9F-8 Cougar : 1955 - 1957
* F11F-1 Tiger : 1957 - 1968
* F-4J Phantom II : 1969 - 1974
* A-4F Skyhawk II : 1974 - 1986
* F/A-18 Hornet A/B : 1986 -2010
* F/A-18 Hornet C/D : currently in transition
Support Aircraft :
* R4D Sky Train : 1949 - 1955
* R5D Commando : 1953
* C-121 Super Constellation : 1969 - 1970
* C-130 Hercules : 1970 - present
Below some pictures in Blue Angels colors : * F8F Bearcat : 1946 -1949 / * F11F-1 Tiger : 1957 - 1968 / * F/A-18 Hornet A/B : 1986 -2010
related link : https://www.blueangels.navy.mil